PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - 2013
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2013, 11:36
FL999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@bul, did you fail the selection or were you not called at all?

If you werent called at all dont despair. I would go for a Maths and Physics course and get a certificate or diploma or something and wait for the next wave next year. If that is the only reason you weren't called you can fix it. Also you will get a lot more information about the DLR's process and can prepare yourself better than those who were called in november on what can only be described as short notice.

The fact is that the DLR is a very secretive recruitment system so no one really knows what theyre looking for and I wouldnt be surprised if MK themselves know nothing about it. The suitability of the DLR to mauritian culture is a whole other debate for another time. It will not change the fact that whoever the DLR see fit to be recruited whether experienced or not will get recruited. As I said their criteria is unclear.

If you havent been called dont despair you'll have your chance next year. That cant be said for those who were called and failed as it seems their chances are over. I was told 2 CPL holders were recruited out of 77 and the 75 remaining were discarded permanently as your record remains with the DLR for ever and there are no resits possible for the same company. THAT is the side of that recruitment I find OTT. Any opinions on this rather radical approach to the selection?