PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Ferry Flight
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2013, 09:17
GoodGrief

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hueyracer, why would you want to depart with licenses that are not ok or invalid?
When requesting entry/ferry clearances you have to submit the crew and helicopter paperwork way in advance to the respective authorities and you will not be cleared if they find any discrepancies. I never got ramp checked, by the way.

I always checked out the hotels in advance via HRS or Tripadvisor. Only once did I come across a hotel where my initial reaction was:" I should have brought a tent". It was the only hotel within 100+ miles.

Never had I problems with customs or AIS, in fact my ground time was never more than one hour, mostly less including fuelling.

When you have the proper handler the fuel guys know you're coming and they'll be filling you up within 15 minutes after touch down. And you never have to carry cash for the fuel because you do not pay him.
Your handler will give you a piece of paper which you hand over to the fueller and the juice starts flowing.
Have to pay him in advance, though.

From the comments I read I am happy to deal with Monia at AirWalser.
There's not read tape and the crew can do what they're supposed to, fly.

File flight plan, take off, land, pay landing fee, fuel, crank, repeat.
On two occasions we had to fill in a bloody form and sign a waiver because we did not have HF on board...