PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - 2013
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 22:48
Bul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I do agree with you guys on some parts, but my main point which really annoys me is that Mk did not even give a chance to most of the pilots to participate to the selection just because they did not have Physics or Maths: Some of them had degrees, thousand of hours and their Cvs were not even looked at cause of theirs score in Maths or Physics were not good enough. How can your first selection criteria to be a pilot is based on school exam that a pilot did when he was still an immature kid?
A commercial pilot should be evaluated on their flying skills, their aviation theory knowledges and their attitude. That's what you want for a fun and safe cockpit environement. I beleive all the professional pilots which have flown multicrew will agree on that one. Of course a pilot needs some basic Maths/Physics knowledges, I don't say it's not needed at all, but pilots should have acquired those knowledges from flying school anyway.
Yes the world is big but most Mauritian wants to live in their little paradise. And even if the world is big, it's not easy to get a flying job with a mauritian passport only. Most of the airlines give priority to their local which is the normal fair way! Why more than half of the pilots in Mk are foreigners and meanwhile there are at least 50+ mauritian pilots holders still on the waiting line? Why is that? How come this is actually still acceptable? I don't know any national airlines who does such an injustice. I'm not saying Mk should take them all just cause they are mauritians. But at least give them a chance to sell themselves during a selection process: There are probably some bad cased but surely some great pilots amongs them too and those fellows pilots who will be faithfull to Mk for the rest of their life cause they will never leave their Island. Not like some of those foreigners who just use Mk to build hours and off without any notice.

And last but not the least, why the mauritians pilots can't take part of a selection based on their school requirement while lots of foreigners don't even meet those requirements? Uhm! Uhm!