PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - 2013
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 20:04
DodoLongGone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mentality Problem !

What I find very odd and kinda annoying is that those fresh CPLs seem to believe that an ATR is like one of those ME piston light twin they did a few hours on I can assure you it isn't! I think it's a great stepping stone to the jets. I'm not saying it's impossible nor that it doesn't exist - but I'm sure lots of people out there would prefer the guy or girl sitting on the RHS to have a decent amount of experience as opposed to a cocky newbie with a bare CPL with no commercial experience whatsoever.

Congratulations! You're spent a lot of coins (ok your parents did), you went overseas, and you came back home with a CPL. So what? Mk never promised they were going to employ every single pilot licence holder, did they? I think the mentality has to change. You want to be a pilot, great! Are you willing to go anywhere no matter how remote in order to gain experience in the hope of one day being attractive/experienced enough to be employed by Mk - yes?! Well, if so, you have what it takes! No you're not?! Sorry, it's a tough world and only those who have a passion for the job deserve a position. That's how I see it...

And with regards to the Germans - I think it's a good start. Hopefully they take control of recruitment entirely. At least until ALL the worms are out of the can!

For those who get through: Bravo! For the remaining crowd: the world is a damn big place...

So long !