PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin or Emirates
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2003, 10:40
Reverend Doctor Doug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You seem to have a good grip on what the major problems are here. One you didn't mention was lack of representation. As you said your ongoing pay negotiations are ongoing. Ours are non existent, and there is no chance of ever having any unless better jobs become available that we can use as leverage.

Lifestyle wise, there are very few people with emirates who wish to stay here for the rest of their career. I will qualify that with most people want to be out of this type of aviation by the time they are fifty or so. It seems to me that the amount of back of the clock flying we do with two crews and no crew rest facilities must have a significant impact on your longterm health.

I am not from europe but obviously i fly with many who are and it is fair to say that many from the UK have three main points (which i agree with) that make the UAE (not emirates) worthwhile. The weather is good, the cost of living is lower than UK (but constantly on the rise) and good education (if you can get a place in the right schools) is more affordable than in the UK.

The Rev