PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Go-Around Query
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2013, 17:39
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Analyser
Thanks for the responses but will need have it checked out in the Sim.
While I don’t argue with your intent, I would caution, before you make arrangements and jump into the simulator, you should check out whether or not the simulator has been appropriately programmed to function “just like the airplane” for any specific set of circumstances. Remember, simulators are little more than very fancy computers … and they will do only what they have been programmed to do, and this is true for EVERYTHING you see in the simulator. Don’t get me wrong, there are professionals who spend a great deal of time attempting to ensure that all of the interoperable systems are, in fact, interoperable and that all of the aerodynamics are, indeed, just like the airplane. But the simple fact is that unless the person who wrote the programming was supplied the correct “airplane answer” to systems interoperability and the airplane's aerodynamics, there’s a good chance that the simulator could give you a wrong answer without telling you that it’s wrong ... and, as a result, you might think that what you see in the simulator is accurate. This is why it is never a good idea to "grab a sim period" whenever you can, UNLESS there is a qualified and current simulator instructor available to make sure you don't take away the wrong idea ... and there are some circumstances where even the sim instructors are not fully aware of that simulator's limitations. Welcome to the world of simulation.