PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair denies exploitation of Pay to fly pilots
Old 10th Dec 2013, 13:55
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe me there are ways and means of doing things like that, As a company director, you learn these things very quickly, Specially if your a limited company, If your on a zero houred contract I take it your classed as self employed? so things like rent of your "business" premise which just happens to be were you sleep is all tax deductable, Mileage for his business is all charged at 45p a mile, electric, gas etc is all on "the company" so, you might have a bit corperation tax to pay, the last thing our pilot wants to do in his first 2 years is make any sort of profit! and when he's found his job with a full contract, wind his company up!
Not necessarily true.

Rules seem different under different jurisdictions and even under the same jurisdiction (Irish Revenue) the allowable expenses depend on your accountant. I know it shouldn't be that way, but it is..

I have acquaintances doing exactly what you are saying, but the majority do not. Those propositions have been rejected by their accountants.

There are ways to boost your income as a contractor, but many of them are flat out illegal and shouldn't be mentioned here. Only should the revenue audit them would they be in trouble, unless they've been clever and used cash !!

Luke SkyToddler put it best.. a degree in tax law would certainly make life easier. All these tax issues are overwhelming for average Joe..