PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RAF training all it's cracked up to be...?
Old 9th Dec 2013, 22:23
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can some self loading freight chuck in a penny worth chaps ? I spent 5000+ hours on various variations of Hercules operations, all, being driven by aircrew for whom I had the highest respect, as to capabilities. As I hope they had for my ability to mend the beast when they broke it. Particularly during operations in Bosnia and Iraq, where, the meaning of crew and professionalism came to the fore. I doubt there are many Air forces who apply such rigid demands to their trainee aircrew, and I for one could never knock the system, although like many, I met a few (of a all ranks) during my time who may have had "personality" problems. OK maybe it was me all along. I think the intent of the OP is valid in querying if such streaming is valid in an age where many will be flying their aircraft from a desk in Nevada, or Waddo, but in the RAF I served in, I believe that the correct people were occupying the correct seats in Auntie Bettie's Aircraft.

Smudge