PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal right to work in europe
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2013, 16:01
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denti is not 100% correct. Uninformed opinion, I'd say and common one. Aviation expertise does not cover complex EU laws and rules. I know as I dealt with it before and in UK (extra hassle with Ho' o(ri)fice)

OP, if you're de facto partner (eg in UK they want provable 2-3 years of relationship/cohabitation) or married spouse of EU national, then if they move with you to other EU country, you can get right to work as per the EU/EEA rights and get the EEA2 card as confirmation of status. After qualifying time (which I suspect may be longer than getting nationality in Germany after livin there long enough, not soure about your circumstances), you can get EEA4 card, full PR (perm res) as family member of EU national.

The catch is that technically the EU national partner/spouse should live in the 'third country' within EU with you as your status would be derived from theirs 'exercising treaty rights'. Look it up if you meet the conditions and you're determined to stay within EU.
Good idea is to have the relevant EEA1 or EEA3 sorted beforehand as some authorities/governments may want bureaucraPic proof/shuffling.

Other than UK Home Office (as mentioned above, ehrm) and UK related websites, it's not comin up on google straight away. This explains it briefly as well. I guess it's most popular for people taking advantage of it to have right to work and live in UK..
EEA Family Permit. EEA Residence Document. Permanent Residence for EEA nationals and non-EEA Family Members. EEA Appeals. Application EEA1,EEA2,EEA3,EEA4 applications