PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Swanwick?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 18:56
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Goes Up Might Come Down.

As David Gunson's epic and memorable monologue has been quoted, maybe time our lords and masters with the power to not spend the money listened to it and took heed?!?!

Apparently the BBC have been bitten by a hi-tech phone system, all mod cons, which failed and had to be scrapped at great cost to the licencepayers of UK.

Is this the ATC equivalent of FBW versus steelcables and tactile feedback.

OK l've got my tin hat on, start the incoming.....

Angels in post #49 says it better than most, and over here in austerity Blighty we're sick to death of being preached to and 'd on by bankers and politicians and so-called managers who pose as our superiors whilst failing miserably in their responsibilities and sloping off rapido to enjoy their self negotiated pensions and share options before the excreta hits the impellor.

And just WHO was the Capt Speaking caught on national UK broacast media APOLOGISING FOR THE DELAY???? I was always advised not to apologise for problems NOT of the company's making, otherwise the SLF will take the apology as admitting some sort of liability/responsibility for the delay/distress etc.

Answers on a postcard please, to my UK kennel.......

Looks like the terminal staff were failing to keep the SLF info'd which is guaranteed to hack them off big time! What has gone wrong with our ability to keep the pax in the loop, a practice which has always worked for me and others at the coalface?

Last edited by BARKINGMAD; 7th Dec 2013 at 19:13.