PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - 2013
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 18:31
FLYDHC8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engineer29 and Airman07....then how come a guy with an aviation degree not being called for the ab-initio selection process and a guy with only a PPL being selected for the MPDP??...If LT is among the best and selects the best!!
Higher qualification doesn't always guarantee a place in a selection process be it in aviation or other professions neither does it mean that the candidate is better than one without a degree.

As a commercial pilot I have seen people with degrees not get selected for a pilot recruitment process. I have also seen people with degrees that get selected and can't make it through the process and at the end you see people without degrees being selected at the end.

There are so many things that come to mind that can make people with higher qualification or a degree get overlooked. An example can be poor CV presentation. Even during the selection process, there are situations where people without degrees even perform better than people with degrees. At the end, it all depends on the candidate. Some candidates might not have the aptitude.

I am not saying this is the case here with MK, I am just saying that having a degree doesn't make it compulsory someone will get called up for a pilot selection process or even get selected at the end.