PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUNDEE
Thread: DUNDEE
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2013, 17:38
nef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love to see DND doing well, but with the short runway and other constraints I just can't see it ever competing effectively for commercial pax traffic.

I'm sure the report has been complied by well paid consultants or transport Scotland employees, but large parts of it seem questionable, particularly the stuff about potential routes/operators. They mention airlines that have operated to DND and pulled out recently, airlines that's are struggling to restructure around core bases and other airlines who will surely see the DND market as served by their existing flights from EDI/ABZ/GLA - In the real world most of the carriers suggested are never going to come to DND. Of the 1 or 2 that might, most if not all are low volume/high fare operators which is ironic given the report identifies high fares as the main problem for DND attracting pax!

Imo this report seems like a bit of an exercise in clutching at straws to justify continuing taxpayer subsidy, plus hundreds of thousands more in route development marketing assistance that will probably yield no results.