PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Brindabella?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2013, 08:48
Cleared Visual

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indeed I have simplified the issues, but as I said I don't work in the industry... Although, I can see Brindabella's HQ from my office, and my interest in this primarily stems from observing the growing number of parked aircraft outside the hangar. I'm also a one time resident of Moree, so I summarised as best I could my understanding from what I have read in the media and these pages.

I will not judge or assume anything about you, but I agree the whole situation is disappointing to see happen to a company that seemed to be on the way up not so long ago. Unfortunately, it seems aviation runs on razor thin margins, and the only people investing in airlines these days run them into the ground, make for the hills with a sack of $$ and leave the loyal employees to pick up the pieces and rebuild their lives. The QANTAS group through Eastern Australia Airlines had a reliable, local and proven track record in Moree, and in the end, the awarding of the tender to Brindabella benefitted neither the community or the airline, but I'll speculate that someone in management got a good deal out of it.