PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian B737 Crash at Kazan.
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2013, 13:14
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the final accident report will concentrate solely on the execution of the G/A, the subsequent mis-handling and the following on further mis-handling into the fatal dive.
If so they will be missing quite a bit. The accident started i.e. the first hole lined up, when they lost SA a long way out on the approach. Follow the sequence of the flight and its lateral & vertical navigation to the eventual G/A point and the holes were all lining up. The correct decision was a G/A; good call. It is sad and shameful that pushing TOGA was the lining up of the penultimate hole. They still had a chance, but by not controlling the attitude all the holes lined up.
There will need to much scrutiny of their training and overall training dept. Will that happen. It did when an American Airline waggled the tail off an Airbus. The root causes were found in the training culture. Perhaps there will be a root cause weakness found here too, starting with SA awareness and then a G/A. But ending up at 1000' way off the LOC is scary.
Much to wait and see about.