PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems at Brindabella?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2013, 11:10
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd feel nervous with a loan for $30 odd k in your name with a company 'guarantee' to pay it off in this current situation, especially with what is a pretty useless endorsement in Australia in a J41.

How deep are their pockets, cause even if they get through this current crisis the damage they have done to their reputation is huge, I reakon they will struggle not to go under. Nearly everyone in Moree has given up on them and drive to ARM or TMW to get the link, or catch the train.

I do feel for them, the regional industry is a tough one, and aircraft choices in this market are slim, but the J41 was always a orphan especially in Oz but the whole region, surely the Brasilia whilst more expensive would have been a better choice, and the Metro was a great machine(debatable), 20 odd years ago.

Krusty - re the tender MRZ really did get screwed, QFlink tendered but lost out, funny that a Dash 8, with op spares, access to lounge/FF etc was more expensive than Brindy with a J41 and none of the above. It's not like QF didn't want it, the gov saw a way to save some $$ and took it. Needless to say another regional community feeling forgotten about by elected officials!