PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Lisbon pilots announcing 5 days of strike
Old 4th Dec 2013, 08:07
WHYEYEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gigolo, you have stated that you don't have the intellect to become a doctor or a lawyer and from your comments here I can absolutely believe that. A few of our cadet pilots came from previous careers in medicine and the law by the way.

As someone who flies with these 'spoilt rich kids' with little or no flying ability, I am happy to tell you that your fears surrounding piloting skill are unfounded. I am regularly impressed with the way our cadets handle the aircraft. I have only had to say 'I have control' 3 times and 2 of those times were with senior FO's who worked their way up through the ranks so to speak. If you were to look at their CV's you would think that they really should have known better! The cadets don't make it through their courses at CTC or Oxford if they're not up to scratch and nobody makes it through Easy's training dept. if they're not up to the job.

Are Easyjet saving money every time they employ a cadet over an experienced FO? Yes.

Are Easyjet guaranteeing themselves a high calibre young pilot? Yes.

Does this give high calibre individuals a route into flying for a blue chip airline PLC? Yes.

That's why the system works.

Is everyone a winner? No. There are plenty of pilots stuck in dead end jobs for whom Easyjet hasn't been an option for the last few years. That has now changed however and as I speak we have experienced type rated and non-type rated pilots joining the company.

Gigolo, you are commenting on something you clearly know very little about. There's nothing stopping you doing that, but I do think you should try to take this fact on board if you are able.