PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Putting all your hours into one place
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2013, 06:34
pilotpete123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting all your hours into one place

Hi all,

I'm currently in training for my CPL/IR MCC with an FTO via the integrated route. By the time I have completed my course, I will have 200+ hrs TT, 150 from the training course and the rest from a PPL. The hours from my PPL are logged in one logbook while all the hours I get here on this course are being logged in another.

I assume the course logbooks are sent to the CAA and those are the ones that gain us our CPL's. My question is, is there anything wrong with, after getting my CPL issued, with then starting an entirely new logbook with the first entry starting at my very first flight for my PPL training and then ending with my last flight for my CPL training and would this logbook be acceptable to approach prospective employers with?

The reason I ask is that there are a couple of airlines who require a minimum of 200+ hrs TT to be considered for the type rating and should I seek work other then airline flying then I certainly don't want my hours prior to this course to count for nothing.

Many thanks and I look forward to your replies

(Note: My PPL will have expired by now along with my SEP rating)