PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Lisbon pilots announcing 5 days of strike
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 23:06
average-punter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justagigolo77

I’m afraid that your constant insults towards easyJet and its staff are becoming somewhat tedious and actually quite irritating. Considering you work in Canada, I’m struggling to see what you actually know or understand about the situation in Lisbon.

I am certain that no one signed the Lisbon contract to ‘fly the big shiny jet’ and for many people your tone is actually quite offensive considering you know nothing about their personal situation (and no it's not because they "know you're right"). The Lisbon contract is dismal, however if you were out of work and had a family to feed I very much doubt you’d say no to the Lisbon contract on the ‘moral highground’. Now the pilots down there are trying to do something about the situation and yet you still aren’t satisfied and still have some personal vendetta against a European airline which you will more than likely never work for. In a very recession-hit Europe people are trying to grab whatever job they can to make ends meet, pay back the mortgage and feed the family, not just in the aviation industry. If someone who was in this situation said no to a job on the grounds that it ‘undermines their profession’ then they would be clinically insane.

I, like many others am interested to know the ‘type’ of the pilot that works for easyJet. It’s a ridiculous and factually untrue statement to say most pilots flying for easyJet are ‘spoilt rich kids’. From where I’m standing I would say a friendly, professional group of individuals who have joined easyJet for a whole host of reasons. We have some very experienced Captains, many of which coming from BA after compulsory retirement at 55. Furthermore many of the pilots have come from other airlines; on top of that we have ex-flight instructors, ex-military pilots and cadets. People weren’t blinded by shiny jet syndrome; they were trying to get their first job.

easyJet is not perfect and I won’t sit here and pretend it is. However if you’re looking for a secure employer flying short haul around Europe then there aren’t many better options. I like many other pitch up (or used to) at easyJet for a honest days work. (and no I'm not an EJ pilot, I was the other side of the flight deck door)

Your entire posting history stinks of arrorgance. This will be my first and last contribution to this thread.