PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACM Sir Stuart Peach CAS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 17:05
Fg Off Bloggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's only Wikipedia but:

Peach served as Commander British Forces Italy from 1999 to 2000 and NATO Air Commander (Forward) in Kosovo in 2000, as a result of which he was appointed CBE. He was then appointed Commandant of the Air Warfare Centre and Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence at RAF Strike Command, being promoted to Air Commodore in January 2001.

Promoted to Air Vice Marshal in 2003, Peach served as Director Intelligence Collection from July 2003 to March 2006. He was promoted to Air Marshal in 2006, and appointed Chief of Defence Intelligence, becoming Chief of Joint Operations in March 2009 having been knighted in that year's New Year Honours List.

Peach was promoted to Air Chief Marshal and appointed the first commander of the new Joint Forces Command in December 2011. He went on to become Vice-Chief of the Defence Staff in May 2013.
So all predominantly 'purple' in Air Rank, which makes him a non-runner for CAS unless all those young thrusters behind him fall under a London bus on the same day. Also, having only been appointed VCDS this year and at 57 years of age this will more than likely be his last tour.

Very nice guy if a bit hard-nosed on occasions (not with me but with those who didn't always cut the mustard)! Served together on GR1s at Bruggen and he was the man who organised a career extension past 55 for me when I worked for him at Waddo in the AWC.

Bloggs