PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Lisbon pilots announcing 5 days of strike
Old 3rd Dec 2013, 16:22
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by THYTHY:
I regret to inform these Lisbon based pilots that I fail to see whatever set of moral values they can invoke to justify this strike, and I am sure that Easyjet's management goons will have the time of their lives roasting your b*ts , because you sold it to them by accepting conditions that further push our Profession into the abyss .
Partly true, because you also have to blame it on the already employed, Stockholm Syndrome suffering, fence sitting EZ pilots who basically let the LIS pilots fend for themselves...and now that they do fight for themselves some people are again complaining!

Perhaps in retrospect it was a smart move from the LIS pilots: join a financially successful company by initially accepting the crappy 'take-it-or-leave-it' offer on the table. Now that they have more leverage by actually being employed and being covered by Portuguese Law, they turn that very same table and 're-negotiate' the contract! Well done boys and girls!