PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian B737 Crash at Kazan.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 08:50
DOVES

DOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunamer Clandestino jcjeant
Thank you all .
Now I am forced to pull out of dust my FOM and check .
What makes me shiver is the movie of the last seconds the ill-fated flight.
In basic piloting courses it is taught to exit a stall without increasing power.
Initially, it is sufficient the load factor reduction caused by the pressure on the control wheel to get out, then, after a short descent, the higher the speed , the wings regain lift , the effectiveness of the elevator increases, and the aircraft begins to climb initiating a phugoid around the trim speed.
So I do not think that only the pressure on the control wheel, however strong and continuous, may have put the plane in so extreme an unusual attitude.
As soon as the plane had gained speed, he should return to go up, and / or: to force her to go down would have required a growing force that sooner or later would become insufficient even with the wheel all the way down
Unless:the vertical component of lift have been reduced for some other reason.
For instance: Excessive bank
In this regard:
Is there anyone who knows how to assess the direction to which the camera, which frames the plane swooping to the ground almost vertically, is oriented?
Supposing that the camera is located in the main apron, I guess that's oriented toward: 150°-200°
By which I think it could be inferred with good approximation the orientation of the top of the plane: c.ca 240°-290°.
-Wing over?...
-Excessive bank?...

Last edited by DOVES; 2nd Dec 2013 at 19:16.