PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-ARPI - The Trident Tragedy: 40 years ago today
Old 2nd Dec 2013, 06:55
blind pew

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Meikliour To quote from the report.

3.3.3 non - compliance with regulations on continuous listening to the appropriate radio frequency of ATC and non-performance of look-out duty from the cockpits of either aircraft...
3.2.10 is also relevant re the T3 crew

As I said read the report as dave has..

My book is an autobiography set in post war England when our Empire was no more. A period of class war, racism and a social revolution viewed by a naive Essex boy who dared to speak up and suffered the consequences..

It is not a Technical history but more an exposure on a system which was forced to change and did because of Thatcher,King and some clever blokes from the opposition (BOAC).

Whilst you and your Jock mate dislike it and me intensely I spent a lot of time doing the research because a reviewer said without an extensive bibliography no one would believe it.

For those of you reading this thread who did not go through RAF (or Hamble) selection in the 60s it was about recruiting politically naive young men who would fly a suicide mission on V bombers to unleash a nuculear Armageddon without questioning their masters. The ideal traits include "assertiveness"...which is why CRM was introduced to stop the bullying in the cockpit.

Last edited by blind pew; 2nd Dec 2013 at 07:39. Reason: Re read conclusions and added an additional ref.