PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-ARPI - The Trident Tragedy: 40 years ago today
Old 1st Dec 2013, 19:06
blind pew

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
As I said read the reports...properly...HER came directly form the BOAC fleet Manager.
Zagreb ...read report.
PWK ..reread experience of FO..and how the chop carried out...again discussed with above.

SR many of us we're "different"..
I happen to have an ex BEA hostess who turned down BOAC and being on the face of BEA's advertising campaign...speaks four languages ...studied English at Uni...a mad driver and altogether naughty girl...
I am very lucky but many thought that a bloke out of sarfend didn't deserve that and four of my course mates would often turn up when I was away...not unlike the incestuous nature of Cyprus Airways...ask your mate who was standing behind Sam when he pranged at nicky....we were on Cathy selection at tower bridge together..

Add to that I spent all of my salary on enjoying ourselves...we rented a four bedroom ..,four level house where we had some great parties...went skiing most days off...bought a sailing cruiser ..1980...brand new car...when some of your mates were living in Swissiar's village in Kloten...subsidised for the migrant workers who cleaned the toilets at the airport...

Worst of all and those who night stopped on the 737 would understand was their local...The Londoner pub..where the waitress would put the till receipts in a schnapps glass in the middle of the table when she brought each round. Half of the receipts would be secreted behind the radiator before she cashed up. So they got pissed at her expense......pure greed..
When I got my pension it rubbed their noses in it especially as most had to pay for old mummy and had a new mummy...
Whilst three good mates contacted me after my accident I only heard from the others when SR went tits up as they wanted my help in tax avoidance...told them to get stuffed...sour grapes...

As to Nargs..I shared transport with him a couple of times...whilst he had a bad reputation underneath he was a kind bloke as at the time he was organising a charity event for Reading? Round table....
We had a lot of crew in SR who did similar things...

I effectively took control in flight twice with captains and once with a FO in SR... I refused to fly with one captain in BEA...
A couple of times in extreme circumstances it was a joint effort..
I didn't bend any heavy metal either...unlike two of my BEA mates ...one during the good old monitored approach...

So where are these "facts" coming from...Wikipedia?
Or some sad old bastard on the golf course?