PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian B737 Crash at Kazan.
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2013, 22:26
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
The question asked by me is related to a few comments on the speed of the initial report, and whether or not ( I asked, since I don't know) it may take a deeper look at subtle cues and signals held in the FDR to find out if a hardover may or may not have been involved.
Clandestino's typically combative approach aside, I think I understand what he's getting at. The information released so far makes no reference to rudder deflection or a significant yaw component in the sequence. If my memory serves me correctly, even the old (even at the time it was referred to unofficially as "Stone Age technology") FDR fitted to the UA535 aircraft registered significant rudder deflection and yaw in the flightpath. Lack of such information would infer a hardover is not a likely culprit or contributory factor here.

Agricarus bisporus said :
The most likely cause is quite simply overpitching due to a mishandled g/s and botched recovery, I'd be astonished if it were anything else.
I'm more out on a limb here, but as an educated guess - given that a botched pitch/power coupling would be likely to involve a gradual and repeated correction to the pitch angle, the FDR's apparent recording of a single, consistent and sustained pitch down command would indicate against this assertion.

Please feel free to correct me!