PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can afford living in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2013, 09:13
adolf hucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, this is great entertainment. Having spent a number of years in Ryanair and a few years in Emirates, all this in-fighting and bitching is very deja vu.

Seems like the guys who have been at Emirates for a few years don't like the look of what's happening and feel the need to find a scape goat. Can't be anything to do with them that their nice shiny airline isn't paying a bonus any more - must be the fault of those Ryanair @rseholes. If they really wanted to, of course, they could choose any other target group with few options such as ex-Varig, S Africans, furloughed Americans etc but that might include them, which would not be convenient.

All very familiar to the refrains I used to hear in Ryanair. The guys who had been there a while blamed the cadets for lowering the Ts and Cs while the cadets blamed the old-timers for doing nothing to resist the ever-decreasing remuneration.

In reality (and you EK guys really won't like the comparison), the 2 airlines are very similar. Hugely focussed management intent on expansion and profit and, only recently in Emirates, cost reduction. In both cases individual pilots have one tool at their disposal if they don't like what's happening - leave the airline. I spent way too much of my time trying to help stop the rot in Ryanair before coming to the conclusion that it wouldn't happen soon enough for me so I left.

Emirates is still not a bad deal but, rest assured, it will get worse. I didn't leave because of the cash but because I don't have enough years left to waste on Dubai or long-haul flying. For those who remain at EK, good luck to you. If it's good enough, enjoy it. If not, leave. Just don't waste your life typing drivel about someone else ruining your nice cosy life. Want a reality check? Look at the people who facilitate your nice, pampered existence and then tell us your tale of woe.