PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - De Havilland Comet C2 "Sagittarius" XK699
Old 25th Nov 2013, 15:32
SirPeterHardingsLovechild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoke with the boss there last week and he said they agreed to have it and had a storage facility lined up BUT could not afford to transport it.
That's quite a development, Sam !

In one stroke it indicates that it was about money, and not the corrosion.

Wonder if Ignacio Araujo was in post when EDM 1555 was placed in the commons ,if so he has had 3 years 4 months to put together a rescue plan.
I think probably not. The "Custodian" of the Comet, possibly right up to the closure of RAF Lyneham was an RAF Flt Lt Engineering Officer. This was the officer that announced in Spring 2011 that she had been saved and was going to be crated up at Shawbury

Edited to add:- It seems that the Custodianship of the Comet passed from the aforementioned Engineering Officer to a non-Engineering Officer (possibly Admin branch) before Lyneham closed.

I do know that Ignacio Araujo was "uncontactable" in the days leading up to the destruction of the Comet. For this alone, he has some explaining to do. And I'm not on about Joe Public here - I am talking about senior officers and ex-officers trying to get answers from him.

Last edited by SirPeterHardingsLovechild; 26th Nov 2013 at 17:48.