PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can afford living in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2013, 05:52
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cerbus

I think that your comment is really rude and you should keep it for yourself.
Ryanair pilots are not the only problem here , you could include all the pilots coming from other countries were the working conditions are lower than here and also pilots working in companies not having any heavy aircraft.
If you were flying for years as captain on a B737 or A 320 an you see the opportunity to join a company "offering " you the chance to fly on the B777 , A330/340 or A380 what would you do ?
The same apply for all the pilots flying turbo-prop and offered the possibility to join FZ on a shiny B737-800 or a quick command upgrade for already qualified B737 first officers.
This will never end except if pilots stop thinking only short term and own career and start thinking for the group and long term....
We can dream but after so many years in the industry I doubt this will happen.
Also look at the quality of the training and the requirements in some company and you will see that there are a lot more involved in the reduction of our terms and conditions that the Ryanair pilots.
Also if I may ask , what are you doing about it ?
Here in the Middle East when I ask this question to many of my fellow pilots complaining about many things like no salary increase , no bonus , no increase of housing allowances , rostering issues , fatigue etc...
The answer is nothing because there is no union here , it is not legal...
So why would things change with this kind of reaction , do they think that union comes at Christmas sent by Santa Claus...
It is easy to complain and moan but a lot more difficult to stand up and act.
Everything is possible anywhere if you do what is needed and are ready to pay the price for it.