PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nadi (NFFN) Localiser
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2013, 00:57
down3gr33ns

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My company operates into NAN on a regular basis.

From personal experience, no problems with the LLZ except our FMC sometimes schedules a higher than desirable speed when capturing the
LLZ after turning off the NN 204 radial and we go through the LLZ - an aircraft problem and not that of the ground installation. I'm not aware of any adverse LLZ reports from pilots within our company.

Now, a question for you on departure from NAN.

We often get given a 20 B Departure which has us intercept R332 (NN 344 radial out to Punix) after meeting some requirements however, after getting airborne and contacting Approach, we often get "on passing 2500 ft cleared direct to Punix".

Now the debate that is raging in our company is as follows:-

Opinion A: You have a new clearance and are cleared to track from that position at which you leave 2500 ft direct to Punix. This may not be on the 344 radial.

Opinion B: You are still required to track and intercept R332 (on the 344 radial) and that particular clearance only cancels the 320 degree/3000 ft reference to AL.

Now, seeing you work there, can you clarify what ATC's expectation is of our tracking if we get "on passing 2500 ft cleared direct to Punix"?

I'll further confuse things because, on some occasions after getting that clearance, we are asked to report "established on the NN 344 radial". If we are tracking from that 2500 ft point direct to Punix then we won't be on that radial until reaching Punix.

Thanks.