PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi - SP here, flare frsutration!
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2013, 04:44
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fujii
One question and it's already up to seventeen opinions. Go and speak to the CFI, get an instructor and go and do some circuits. Don't waste your money sorting it out on your own.
There was plenty of good tips in there! You are correct though, I need to do circuits and that is what I am doing. Anything I can take into that is just a bonus, so all feedback is welcome. To be honest, you get bummed out after a while, and sometime a bit of a push can help you along..

BTW. Had the same issue when I was flying the pattern initially. Just kept stuffing it up. Then all of a sudden it just clicked and I did my first unassisted landing. That was a great confidence boost. Now all my landings are unassisted, they are just crap!

One of the instructors the other day said, its a steep learning curve at first, but you progress fast, then when you hit circuits it all levels out. Likewise, once you get past circuits, the advanced stuff progresses fast also. So I just need to bide my time I guess. Doing a club flyaway next weekend as a passenger, so that will give me an opportunity to sit back and relax and just observe some stuff. When doing circuits, I often forget why I am actually learning to fly!