PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi - SP here, flare frsutration!
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2013, 16:14
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Step by Step instructions on how to land a plane based on my 20 years of experience:

Issues: Flaring too early or late, bouncing, jouncing,landing too long or short, too fast or slow.

Action to be taken:

Step 1: Listen to the advice of your instructor, other pilots at the airfield and on pprune about speed control,how to judge height,where to focus (or not) your vision, and aircraft attitude during the different phases of landing.

Step 2: Go fly the pattern and try it, after a few botched attempts you will perform a greaser of a landing and think to yourself " Aha I have nailed the bastard". Go immediately to club house and brag to everybody and anybody that will listen.

Step 3: Return to airfield the following week and go flying, while on approach confident in the knowledge you have landings nailed let your mind drift on to other aspects of flying and/or where you will be going for a pint afterward, botch the landing, kick yourself, slink home without visiting the clubhouse.

Step 4: On the drive to the airfield for your next flight say to yourself "right I am really gonna concentrate and nail it today, go flying, botch landing, rationalize with yourself that " ah f$&k it nobody saw me bounce, the plane ain't bent and I,m not hurt so its all good"

Step 5: On you next flight without thinking too much about it you unexpectedly nail 3 greaser landings one after the other.

Step 6: Return to Step 2 and continue cycle for next few decades.

Note: Anybody, regardless of experience,that tells you that they ace their landings every time is a lying bar steward.

Hope this helps.