PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian B737 Crash at Kazan.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2013, 15:23
DOVES

DOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 133
From 700 m (2310 ft) to zero in 20 secs, means 6930 ft/min???
It means 126 Km/h and 70 Kts

Post 85
It seems to be hitting the ground at 0.08 in the RT video, first appearing about 5 aircraft lengths back at 0.04, assuming that the fainter trailing light is the lit fin, and the ground position comes from the location of the flash on impact. That's only covering about 150m in 4s, so it's not hitting very fast: about 80 knots

I agree with this theory. Since in the movie the aircraft takes about 1 second to travel its length.

Post 103 and 126
http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources...9%20G-THOF.pdf
It takes time and patience, but worth reading
Pg 34:
It is recommended that Boeing clarify the wording of the Boeing 737 300-500 approach to stall recovery Quick Reference Handbook Non-normal Manoeuvres to ensure that pilots are aware that trimming forward may be required to enhance pitch control authority. (Safety Recommendation 2009-045)

A SPIN
Shown that the stabilizer was for sure, as per that phase of flight, toward the extreme ANU, when a GA was initiated, either due to the strong pitch up moment caused by the engines and the vertical upward component of traction or 'apparent lift', which decreases the stall speed, it was not easy, or even impossible, to stop the rapid attitude increase if not by trimming down or reducing engine thrust.
It’s very difficult to share the opinion that the pilot caused that shocking vertical dive by pushing the control column

From Post 133
The only maneuvers I can imagine for a plane to assume such an attitude are:
- A spin (to which would favor the low speed and the high rate of descent)

So with:
-High-pitch attitude
-Slow-speed, near or even below stall
It's just a little rotation (some rudder, some aileron, different thrust on the engines) on the yaw-axis to cause a spin.
Remember what's the difference between the spiral and the spin?
The airspeed is high and increasing in the first and very low in the other.

Last edited by DOVES; 20th Nov 2013 at 17:06.