PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian B737 Crash at Kazan.
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2013, 10:37
Brenoch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During the years, I've trained a fair few crews from both Transaero and S7. Most of them doing conversion training onto their first western built jet. In an ideal world they would have been given 30 or so sessions in the FFS to get a basic understanding of the philosophy of a "modern" western aircraft. Most of they guys came from a 4 or more crew flight deck. However, the training department of said airlines were, too say the least, unwilling to fork out that amount of money and custom built a training program that would focus solely on items covered on a skill test. These crews where then trained for 8 sessions doing nothing but single engine approaches and go arounds. After said 8 sessions they were competent enough to carry out this manoeuvre to pass a skill test.
There where of course exceptions, mainly crew members whom had previous experience on western built jets but they where few and far between.

I raised my concerns about this with head of training and was given the option to "get with the program or resign" I resigned.
The training organisation I was with is one of the largest and most well respected in the world today.

Needless to say, it will be long before I let my family or anyone else I care about for that matter travel with any of these airlines.