PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian B737 Crash at Kazan.
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2013, 11:19
flarepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you know how to do a go around in a 737, yes the nose comes up with max /go around thrust.

then you push forward and TRIM forward (nose down), manipulating the trim either manually or with the yoke mounted switch (elec).

the sound that the rotating trim wheel is pretty famous in the boeing world. could anyone hear the trim wheel moving?

I guess I've never seen anything even near this in LINE operations and am befuddled.

I could understand a rudder hardover, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

I could understand a failure of flight controls, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

I could understand not reading the attitude gyro right as the russian gyros are not the same as US and someone might get confused

someone posted something about additional fuel...I am pretty darn sure that additional fuel would not have caused a problem unless for some reason the fuel was not balanced between wing tanks...that is, someone was crossfeeding fuel from one tank to both engines and finally passing the limit of difference between tanks.

I could even understand if everyone in the plane ran to the tail

but I would like to think that the worst pilot in the world wouldn't let this happen.