PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tianjin Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2013, 07:23
CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for a very informative post.
I am due to head over for screening as a 190 captain shortly, and am understably a little apprehensive. I have read lots on here and other sites about living in China, and still wish to come and have a look.
I am a current 190 captain in Europe, and will be jobless shortly so this opportunity is one I am keen to progress.
My expectations are low, and I can generally roll with the punches so I hope I can hack it.
It would be great if you could post again with the positives of living and working out there when you get the time to do so.
A few questions in the meantime though.

I would be trying for the month on / month off contract in order to keep my family living at home, and me still able to see them. Is this contract all it appears? Will I realistically get close to a month back home (allowing for travel of course).

The staff travel rates, are they 25% off or 75% off regular ticket price? I have seen both stated in various places...

I understand contract is for 80 hours a month, do they genuinely pay $200 per hour over that or is it avoided by splitting the month as alluded to earlier in the thread?

Could you please outline a typical working day, if there is such a thing? No. of sectors flown, challenges, issues etc.

Any other info would be greatly received.
Thanks for your time.

CRX.