PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2013, 22:09
ConcernedLAME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Going Down under- you obviously work in H2 !

H3 BNE is very busy at the moment , next Feb A330 C8 checks begin with highly likely prospect of A330 reconfigs beginning next year . From all reports there will be a lul in work mid year , however work will ramp up last quarter of year.

Lots of contractors with QF LAMES and AMES / Workhops working their ass off - that doesn't mean sitting in an office all shift either .

Anybody wanting to move from Avalon thinking it is a cruise like Avalon was - think again . Very different work ethic and mostly motivated group of people wanting to see the place succeed in our eyes and the company's .

What I don't understand is why do Forstaff expect any support any from QF - in the real world contractors are disposable labour . Pure and simple , as far as Im concerned you guys did pretty damn well out of QF , now the reality that Avalon is a temp facility , everyone is crying poor me .

I know that sounds harsh but it is reality .

If given the opportunity to move to BNE , consider it - great place to work and play. Great schools and weather . But be prepared to work .

Those of you who have been in the industry for a long time need to lead the way - adapt or die . It's an unfortunate truth .

CL