PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victa Airtourer Engine Mounting
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2013, 11:42
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
peterc005: Henry Millicer was actually one of the designers who worked on the Piston Provost so he didn't really copy it just scaled it down and re-used it!!!

I apeciate that it's difficult to measure the height of liquid in a shallow and wide tank but if the measurements were consistenly wrong you'd stand a chance! I completely ignore the gauge and just fill and dip to keep track of consumption. I'd be interested to see drawings / pictures of the EI fuel level installation to get a feel for if the Campaign Against Aviation and/or the Europeans Against Safe Aviation will allow me to retrofit this aid to safe flying

dartman2: I suppose you have to draw a balance between the safety of the bag tank in a crash and the ability of a hard tank with an accurate gauge to avoid the crash in the first place. There are loads of aeroplanes with fuselage mounted tanks after all.

aroa: I've got the question about Piper engine mountings out in the Airtourer community as we speak. If they are suitable I'll be in touch pronto.