PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ambo runway incusion
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2013, 10:00
Flanker978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ambo runway incusion

Hi guys,
Working on a tail wheel endoresment today in a super decathlon. Located at a small regional flight school at a pretty quite ctaf. Was performing a low level curcuit on rwy 01. Was on downwind. An ambo King Air gave a taxi call, I responed with "late downwind, low level, rwy 01, touch and go"
Got an acknowlegemnt from him but nothing else. Had a look for him while i was on base, he was taxiing toward the rwy. I just assumed he'd hold short. Not so! As i was turning final he gave a rolling call for an intersection departure rwy 19! So there i was, rolling out on final to see a King Air starting his roll.
I gave a call reporting i WAS final but now going around rwy 01.
No acknowledgment from the ambo, just an airborne report.
He was using the callsign ambulance ####.
So was i supposed to give him priority. The wind was light but did favour rwy 01. Is this a runway incusion or should i have given him priority? If it was a life threthening situation shouldn't he have been using a Med callsign?
I believe he was in the wrong. If he was lining up on 01 i would have happily extened downwind for him.
What was really disappointing was the lack of appology, acknowledgement or even contrition. He just headed off to his next destination.

Last edited by Flanker978; 14th Nov 2013 at 19:48.