PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clear Left(side)
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2013, 17:47
Killaroo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not an airbus supporter but...are you all serious in complaining for a stupid word to add?

Is it so difficult? I can understand if something is stupid or, worse, wrong but that is just a specification and I think it was added for the reason provided by Chris Scott. However, whatever the reason is, if you don't like it, write to your FOPH or Fleet Manager and ask for explanations.

I admit it is not a revolutionary improvement in aviation safety, but stop pretending to be fantasy ace super cool pilots and do it.

Are you aware you are writing complaints about a trivial issue?
Hmmm....if its so trivial - why do they want us to say it? Why would any copped on TC make a song and dance of it? The truth is - It's not trivial at all, is it. It's an SOP that happens to be BS (IMHO) and I'm interested in finding out if there is a sliver of logic to justify it. So far it's pretty flimsy.
It's a super little bit of trivia for a nerdish insecure newbie TC to show off with though, and quite pathetic given the fact we work in a company where a significant number of crew can barely hold a conversation in clear English. A clear case of wrong priorities. Plus added willy waving.

The Checks the thing (to slightly misquote the Bard).
Screw the wording - do the Check!