PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2013, 23:09
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyBE

After FlyBE's announcement today of cutting 500 jobs and the size of the airline, I think we can also put to bed any major expansion from Luton or other London airports...

Even though they have announced Guernesy, this is only operating 4-5 times a week and just filling a gap as no other operator like easyJet has jumped in to fill the gap or having to compete against. The timetable is already released for Summer 2014 and there is no increase for the IOM or Jersey to fill the loss of Gatwick.

As FlyBE bases no aircraft at Luton, Newquay or Waterford, I highly doubt there will any new routes between any of these airports. I doubt Belfast City Airport is going to happen either, with it competing against easyJet to Belfast International.

I also get the impression daytime flights to Belfast don't work well from Luton, with easyJet only operating an early morning flight and two evening flights. While Stansted and Gatwick support daytime flights as well... There was a time Luton to Belfast was down to twice daily flights.

Last edited by gilesdavies; 11th Nov 2013 at 23:40.