PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The KAL Roadshow
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2013, 14:43
kimcheejones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The KAL Roadshow

It's enroute to Dubai as we speak..

Some notes about the contract that will not be self evident, it certainly wasn't to me ...

The contract states 4 'FOC NO/SUBLO' tickets are available to use. Although this suggests that they are not 'subject to load', this is not the case. Should you use these tickets, the company may 'confirm' the seat if the load looks good. However, as more than one of the Foreign Captain's have experienced, you can be offloaded at any time, (including being pulled from the aircraft at the gate just prior pushback), without compensation. These are, in fact SUBLOAD tickets.

The contract states overtime pay starts at 75 hours. It does go on to explain, more or less, the credit you get for different 'crewing' of flights,I.E., your hours are factored. After several years here, usually bumping up on 900 hours per year, I have received overtime once, and too small to notice. You will not receive overtime pay on regular basis.

You cannot use Sick Leave to make up the required 11 days of work required ... You must be there, on strength, 11 days per month. Sick days or not, you will get a major cut in pay should you not be there.

Guys are still 'failing out' near the end of the 3 month 'OE".

Just a few of the shortcomings of the contract...

KJ