PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can afford living in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2013, 07:30
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saltaire: actually the true figure, wrt the save on my housing allowance ('A' scale), is 7,750 Dhs per month; but, that aside, imho we too, over at FZ, are long over due increases in all aspects. E.g. in the last, 4 years 9 months, all we've had is a 1.8% increase in Basic Salary (that was in 2010), and a 10 Dhs per hour increase in block-hour pay (in 2012?, bringing Captains to 160 Dhs & FO's to 110 Dhs per block hour, respectively); and a slight increase in Schooling Allowances; and the Health Insurance package was restored to what we had in the 1st year (after suffering a major reduction in cover in the 3 years following the 1st year), and a slight Bonus payment this year (amounting to 3 weeks worth of Basic Salary). And yes, 850 hours per year (pretty much every year since FZ's inception) has 'had its moments', but with PBS now implemented (and with a single digit seniority number), hopefully things will improve?

Overall, the name of the game in the sandpit, is to amass as much coin as possible in the shortest period of time, and then foxtrot oscar!

Ps (hence the edit) I'm led to believe that FZ are no longer referring to themselves as a 'Low Cost Carrier'.... though for the life of me I'm buggered if I can remember what the new term is that they are preferring to use ('value airline' or some such, uhm?)... but veritably (and with the introduction of a 'J' class) they are seemingly trying to morph themselves out of the LCC moniker; go figure?!

Last edited by Old King Coal; 9th Nov 2013 at 09:37.