PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can afford living in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2013, 01:56
baps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Camel, if you're going to post at least be realistic! Your 336000AED/year is FO basic salary only. I assume you do some flying per month and if you don't give me a call cos you can have some of mine to boost you your pay packet. That adds another 42000AED/year approx. Then also your housing and DEWA etc is all paid for. OKC is quoting a captain's salary and that includes housing allowance and transport allowance. So you can't really compare the two.

I have 2 kids and we live a great life here in Dubai. We are sensible in what we spend but still afford a couple of great holidays a year and and the kids do plenty of activities as well. It isn't cheap but I still manage to save a good chunk of money each month. Like some previous posters have said if you don't blow your money on stuff and things you probably wouldn't have had or done in your home country then you'll probably do just fine. If you all of a sudden have a Ferrari in you're garage and you're eating at the Ivy every week and you're struggling to make ends meet then maybe you have to look at your lifestyle choices.