PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Vs Dalby LAME shop
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2013, 13:11
DAM182

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dalby

I don't think anybody is suggesting the boy's were perfect or casa is to blame for there mistakes. The point is that the GA industry needs to protect it's resources especially engineers and maintenance organisations. Access to maintenance in regional areas is becoming scarce. Four different LAME's that were all trained under different chief engineers surely could have been schooled to become compliant. This also would of been a more cost effective use of CASA's resources rather than spending what must of been hundreds of thousands of dollars to get rid of them. Any one of the 4 LAME's could of become the chief to work with CASA. Dalby only worked on private and AG aircraft to the best of my knowledge and isn't it CASA's mandate to the fare paying public. That is to say CASA should employ the most cost effective solution if possible. You can't survive as long as they have in the industry if you are just no good. I have not heard the boy's discredit or blame CASA. They just wanted answers as to who's interpretation of the rules was correct as they would appear to have changed from how all 4 of them were trained.
DAM is Dalby Air Maintenance and 182 is my aircraft they have maintained since Dave was chief.