PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Vs Dalby LAME shop
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2013, 23:05
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
I maintain that for any FOI to have sufficient handfuls of NCR's on a company that the Casa rep has not been doing his job in the first place. Every NCR is a slight on the FOI not performing in the first place.
Jaba mate that just doesn't wash. You would be the first person to decry the nanny state yet that is exactly what you are asking for.

For years we have been crying out for less prescriptive regulations, yet you seem here to expect the AWI to micro-manage every shop in his jurisdiction.

You write a procedures manual describing your procedures and systems which CASA approves (...or doesn't). If you do not manage things in the way your manual describes it, CASA will pay attention. If you deliberately deviate from your published procedures, and a breach is detected as a result... what do you expect?

Bloke I know who has about $8bn under management said in an interview "I always want to do the right thing, not just do what I can get away with". In that statement he has encapsulated all that is wrong with GA (and all that could be improved).