PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whereabouts of dehavilland Doves in OZ
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2013, 09:27
StallsandSpins

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dunno what became of DHE which sat for some years out at berwick in its (i assume) original northern territory aero medical service markings in a pretty dilapidated state. it was originally bought to casey by an american expat who planned to get it air worthy but that never eventuated, it changed hands a few times while it was there then it was taken away on a truck one day.

I was looking at it one day at Casey with Mac Job and i remember him saying "i saw this aircraft when it was brand spanking new and i was very jealous of the NT aero medical guys because they got the new aircraft and the SA aero medical service (who he flew for at the time) had to make do with DH 84 dragons". Imagine doing flying doctor work nowadays in what amounts to a large twin engine tiger moth!!!

Some years ago i went into the technical book shop here in Melbourne (To read aviation magazines of course!) and i noticed they had an outer wing panel with DHE clearly visible ...i asked the guy at the counter about it but he didn't have a clue about it. The technical bookshop closed down some years ago and i dont know what became of it or the rest of DHE.