PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Vs Dalby LAME shop
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2013, 04:16
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TBM, that is good news, I just had not seen it lately, and wondered why.

As for the Casa V Dalby thing, I maintain that for any FOI to have sufficient handfuls of NCR's on a company that the Casa rep has not been doing his job in the first place. Every NCR is a slight on the FOI not performing in the first place.

They should be there to educate not take to court. It should never get that way. Some of the alleged problem was that they asks for things to be fixed and 3 months later nothing had been done. I know for sure that the LAME who used to work on the Mustang went to Dalby to do nothing but satisfy CASA's demans for paperwork and process. Not to touch a spanner.

The logical conclussion is that he did absolutely nothing. Sat there for months and months doing nothing. I just can't believe that.

If the place was a basket case,and maybe it was, how on earth did CASA let it get that way, and what things, constructive educational things did they do to avoid this problem?

If they did go there to educate and straighten them out, how on earth could CASA have failed.....a second time.

If that is the case then Dalby Maintenance or whatever they are called should have been shut down simultaneously with the department doing the oversight. They both clearly need to be axed then.

I just can't accept that a basket case organisation can be let get that far out of line, or in the case of Transair/Hempels etc or others get to an accident without CASA doing anything to correct the process by education. If that fails it is because both groups failed. No LAME goes to work in the morning wanting to do a sloppy job.

For those of you who have cited excellent co-operative and helpful folk at CASA, great, glad to hear it. I too have plenty of stories to tell of good folk doing good things. But these kind of matters are not doing the good workers any favours. I have to work with many at CASA in a few areas. Most are pretty good. I am sure they hate being let down just as much as industry does.

I have to wonder what is going on. Its a cultural problem. Many of you know what happened with Flinders Aviation. If I was the minister now and saw that along with the Archerfield debacle......there would be some huge cost savings by Christmas.

It is not good enough. The industry deserves better, and I am not saying that LAME's dont need a good dos of surveillance, but it has to be done the right way if you want the right outcomes. Clearly they are not doing it right. They seem to approach it with the attitude of they are just criminals we have not caught yet.