PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can't VB get Oz Pilots?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2003, 01:22
Cross Check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Yeah but ...

E.P.
They are after a stable workforce and are suspicious of people who chase perceived better jobs. The airline avaition industry is based on long term commitment by its employees.
For the World's present low-cost carriers, surely the percentage of the "this is just a stepping stone" crew is (and would be expected to be) much higher than that of a national flag carrier given the disparity in terms and conditions between such operators? Why else would these carriers then expect you to rock up on their doorsteps type-rating in hand? It's surely not just because they want to save on the training costs - management can be short-sighted, but don't tell me they're that shallow.

The only carrier that I can presume, with a comfortably degree of certainty, that really has high levels of loyalty is Southwest ... but then they're statistically so close to being a "flag carrier" why would crews want to leave - especially given the state of the US national flag carriers.

Reddo - Ah, but is it a comfy Shed seat ... that's the question?
FG tell me about it ... FZFG @ LYBE a few weeks back ... I can see the bleeding RWY from 3000 overhead and RVR is 200m decreasing The whole week ... starts at 2200 goes until 1000

Last edited by Cross Check; 24th Mar 2003 at 01:34.