PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can afford living in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2013, 18:12
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
av8tordude: Yes indeed one can read, wherein I concur that (aside from a somewhat hype'd GulfNews headline) the actual GulfNews news article reports as much about Dubai's global ranking (i.e. as Dubai being #1 in the Middle East only); but that's not what OzoneA wrote (facetious or not), is it?

And, if it is facetious, then it is very subtly so, and therein could readily be misconstrued as putting Dubai in a higher place on the list than it actually is in reality (and you'll note that no mention of Dubai's actual position on the list was made within OzoneA's post... and therein I'd invite YOU to read his post again).

Accordingly, to get the true picture (which is particularly important for our fellow aviators whom might be thinking of relocating to the sandpit), one must actually read and corroborate the original GulfNews article and / or actually read the original report by Mercer's.

For the avoidance of doubt (and as OzoneAddict didn't mention it), in the global ranking, for 'Quality of Living', Dubai is #73.... and for you specifically av8tordude, Qatar is #106.

Last edited by Old King Coal; 5th Nov 2013 at 19:06.