PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2013, 13:38
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i posted in reference to pilotchute saying "You should be more worried about where the 100K pounds will come from to pay for the course."
My thinking being that most people will be taking out loans and so you would want a big enough salary in order to handle the repayments.
I don't know whether you've seen earlier posts but from people who say they've attended assessments (I'm still waiting for a phase 2 date so can't comment on the salary mentioned at it) the salary is meant to be around £60,000 (100,000 usd). That sounds like plenty to keep up with repayments bearing in mind the easyjet guys have around £15,000 a year and took out roughly the same amount in loans.

"I haven't read of anyone else picking up on the fact that having completed training, you won't initially go in as a FO. Instead, you will be a second officer on a third of the salary for an unconfirmed period of time!"

That is something that would worry me, but as I said I haven't yet attended an assessment and would only ever sign up once knowing the full details and me being totally satisfied that it is worth it.

BTW: your post at 11:13 didn't show up when i posted earlier hence the reason i didn't address it then.