PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 9 Loads hemorrhaging
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 13:18
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas is its own worst enemy.

As of 01 November they are not paying us leeches on the butt of the industry commissions for bookings made for travel originating outside Australia.

In virtually all cases there are alternate carriers that are. Hence, they can go pound sand up their backside and we will book the alternate.

Romulus - I know the tactics that are used as your Corporate travel friend has experienced. All he has to say is if you pull back overide commission you can get rooted. They are all piss and wind.

We are not major at all but sell a good deal of rat and have sold many millions over the years but I was told as I have closed the shopfront and gone home based (due to Jetset taking nearly a thousand bucks a month in franchise fees and refusing to provide any advertising as in the contract) he made the statement that he doesn't make home calls. Hello?

Maybe I should adopt a new international carrier.

The QF reps are going zerko for good reason. The hierarchy are trying to cover for botched decisions. the via DXB model is fine for those who want to go point into Europe. Be amazed, but not everyone wants to do a break in journey in DXB. They want one stop and Asia as the break point as that is what they are used to. Hence MH TG and CX just for a start are getting a great deal of crossover traffic with full QF frantic flapper points and status credits on MH and CX.

Malaysia Airlines cut commission from other countries several years ago and guess what? They are paying again.

They realised they were being overlooked and reinstated to stem the loss of revenue. SQ is yet to learn, but are losing potentially billions worldwide as they are just not offered.

My 2 bobs worth -we are now Knight Flight and the emails and phones are the same with thanks to the PPRuNers who have been kind enough to book with me.

Best all

EWL